Other 3U, 6U, and Specialty Eurocard
Eurocard-based systems provide an open-standard COTS approach for your system solution. This provides standardization with the benefits of an open-standard architecture, which include:
- Multi-vendor options, more choices
- Less risk, not relying on one vendor
- Selection options of "best in class" for all modules
- Proven design in commercial, industrial, and MIL/Aero
- Less obsolescence risk with multiple vendors
- Lower prototyping/development costs and time-to-market
Typical plug-in modules are 3U or 6U with a 160mm depth. OpenVPX, CompactPCI, CompactPCI Serial, VME, and VME64x are open standard backplane architectures commonly used in Eurocard systems. (For OpenVPX products, see the Pixus OpenVPX section.) Enclosures are available to hold these boards in front-to-rear, bottom-to-top, and for 6U and 8U boards there is side-to-side cooling options. The chassis can come with or without integrated fan trays or with redundant push-pull cooling. EMC versions are also standard.
There are several legacy architectures that utilize Eurocard-based systems. This includes:
- CompactPCI Serial
Pixus is able to help configure your Eurocard-based system. This includes switches, SBCs/processors, A/D & D/A Converters, FPGAs, graphics, storage, I/O cards, and specialty boards. Contact Pixus to discuss your application.